Saturday, March 29, 2008

Please Pray When You Visit This Site

A young lady shared the following:
hi. i just came across your blog about a month ago. i have had migraines in the past but nothing compared to what i've experienced for the past 5 weeks - one constant migraine truck parked on my head that came completely out of the blue and has not left since. I never in a million years would have asked for this - my very busy life has completely stopped. i go to work on medicine daily so that I can somewhat function, do what I can while I'm there (thankfully they are understanding) and spend the rest of the 14 - 15 hours a day in bed. but what I've learned is that God is good. no matter how I feel - nothing can change that fact. Because of the cross, I know that God is bigger than this and any other trial I will experience. What hope that gives to my weary soul. I have repeatedly been comforted by the verse "my strength is made perfect in weakness." I am very aware that I am limited, and how grateful I am that His power is not. I have not been able to read consistently over the past 5 weeks due to the pain, but that has brought about sweet meditation on verses and passages that I've memorized and has also brought sweet times of communion with my Jesus. I'm praying God heals me. But I'm grateful for this opportunity to offer to Him a sacrifice of praise. He has shown me mercy when what I deserved is hell. That's something that can't be taken away when the pain and auras come on and for that I'm grateful. I'm glad my God is bigger than my migraines. --E.S.
I'm not sure why I haven't stressed this before, but reading this letter made me realize the opportunity we have to pray for each other. I don't know E.S., personally, but I want to ask God to heal her. And I'd like to ask all who visit this site to pray for her along with all the people who have shared about their struggles in other posts.

So often when I have a migraine I'm tempted to be self-focused, to only think about my pain. I want to grow in seizing those moments to pray for others who are facing similar trials. So please make your visits here a time of intercession.

E.S., I am praying that God will relieve your migraine and continue to meet you during times of communion with him. Thank you for your example of faith.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. I am so blessed to have your faithful prayers to our loving Father on my behalf. Thank you all SO much!

In the last two weeks, I have had a migraine only once. I went to a doctor 3 weeks ago and he located a bacterial infection in my brain that has been causing the pain. he has been treating me for that and it seems that God has indeed healed me from the migraines.

What a delight - to see God provide in such a specific way an answer to your faithful prayers. I am grateful and praise God for you. I pray daily for all of you as well - specifically that God would lovingly become bigger than trials for each of us - that the pain would remind us of our weakness and that our weakness would draw us ever closer to the cross. - Emily

Kells said...

A friend found this blog and recomended it to me. I have had a migrain everday since Jan. 22nd. The medicine provide temporary relieve, but I can't help but think that there is a reason for this daily. Pain, they say that it is muscular and my family thinks that it is stress. Well I don't feel stressed!! What can I do?? I go to work everyday and make it through with the help of God's Grace and medication. I am not just looking for relief, I desire healing. I have tried the diet before and didn't experience much benifit. They are doing blood test to look for PCOS. Please pray that God would provide healing and answers. I am encouraged to know that I am not the only one going through this. God is made perfect in my weakness. Everday I have a migraine I get weaker, that means God is growing stronger in me.

Anonymous said...

I love this blog thanks to the lord I came across this ..I thank god also for your prayers I hope all is well with you ...